I was looking for some quick and easy recipe to satisfy my appetite for sweet and junk food, but to make sure it’s not junk! Browsing through the internet is actually daunting sometimes, because there are just so many recipes! During the time I was searching I could have baked an entire cake and eat it! Luckily I didn’t 🙂 After all, I’m sure I would have overload it with sugar. And that was not the point in the first place.
So, after a while, I stumbled upon this awesome website : http://minimalistbaker.com/ where I found lots of “express” recipes, that are clean and healthy!
I loved (and made) the 5-minute-espresso-walnut-brownies, only substitute the walnuts with hazelnuts (as that was what I had at home). They are going to be made over and over in the next few weeks and months.
1. I loved that there is no need for baking!
2. I love that it takes only 5 min to make them
3. Even though it says to put them in the freezer, I LOVE that you can EAT THEM AT ONCE!
Let me know if you love them too!
Here is the recipe:
- 1.5 cups raw walnuts, divided
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups Medjool or Deglet Nour dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder OR raw cacao if you have it
- 1-2 tsp espresso powder or finely ground coffee (depending on preference)
- pinch sea salt
- Place 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup almonds in food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the cocoa powder or cacao, espresso powder and sea salt. Pulse to combine and then transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Add the dates to the food processor and process until small bits remain. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Add nut and cocoa mixture back into food processor and while processing, drop small handfuls of the date pieces down into the food processor spout. Process until a dough consistency is achieved, adding more dates if the mixture does not hold together when squeezed in your hand.
- Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined cake pan or loaf pan and add remaining 1/2 cup roughly roughly chopped walnuts. Toss to combine and evenly distribute, and then press down with you hands until it is flat and firm.
- Place in freezer or fridge to chill before cutting. Store in an airtight container to keep fresh. Will keep in the fridge for at least 2 weeks and in the freezer for at least 2 months.
Have a great day and KEEP SHINING!