When Rachael Charmley, who blogs at Rachael Charmley filling it with lovely writing, left a comment on my blog, telling me that she is nominating me for the Sunshine Award, that’s what I said : “What? Who? Me? Seriously?” . I was just waking up and it made me smile and opened my eyes wider than ever (and if you know me, you’d know that my eyes are big anyway!).
Sunshine award? Sunshine? That’s what all my friends call me! I felt as if a friend is sending me some kind of a teaser on Monday morning. Well, since I’ve already begun sharing my nickname with you, let’s continue with ten more things you don’t know about me:
1. Every year, I have to visit a new place. Country, city, lake, river, historical place, national or international, doesn’t matter. But I have to be able to explore something. Expand my view.
2. Speaking of expanding my view: Love roller coasters!The spinning, turning, rush, all of it! I’m always that person who asks if we can go to the scariest, most thrilling ride at the beginning of the trip, and than, later on go over and over and over to that one, with whomever I can find! When I went to the Disneyland Paris, I went over and over to the Space Mountain, that the guy ushering you to the carts became my friend! Bonjour Monsieur!
3. I paint and draw. Usually, I start with the blank canvas in front of me, developing my idea, which in my head looks amazing. I tell my friends and family, they get all excited and happy. But than, I mix the colors, stroke my brush on the canvas and suddenly, I have another idea! That color, that vibe, it means something else! After a week or so, my canvas looks nothing like what I told everyone I’m making and they look at it with their concern faces and say “Oh, um…what is this?” I always say, “It’s not finished” and carry on. At the end, the end of the paining, the end of all my energy and feelings, the end of the paint I have bought for the painting, my tarp is filled with layers and texture and it can mean whatever you see in it.
4.I was a biochemistry major. I still glance over to the equations, liquids, the systems of the human body. I still read the label of the food I’m buying and recognize the ingredients. What became a habit of mine is reading the label of the shampoos and cremes I use, while in the shower. Afterwards I Google some unknown things online…which often leads to me not using the entire brand anymore! It’s so hard to find something natural these days!
5. My biggest accomplishment- Starting my own NGO! It’s an organization with a purpose to improve the social and professional status of all citizens. I recognized the need for it. I have volunteered my entire life, so I was familiar with the volunteer view, but founding my own, was a really new experience for me. However, I did it, it felt great and it’s still is amazing! All the wonderful people I meet, the versatility of the projects I do but most of all, managing to fulfill the dreams of the members of my organization is a fueling inspiration every single day!
6. I am interested in so many things, I have three blogs I regularly write posts on:
Scripting Happiness (this one, that I am constantly scripting something on)
Morning Angel (I am a morning person, but I’ll tell you about that later)
In1weekend (every weekend, I try to do something new, different, and exciting)
7. Reading books saves my life every day. I really mean this. Whatever happens during the day, and we all know that things can and often do go wrong every day, I can open a book, dive my thoughts into it and let it clear my head of all the negativity out there.
8. I am the biggest morning person you know! That is what everyone knows about me. I’m up at 5 am every day, sometimes even before 5, with just my internal clock waking me! I do have alarms, but I wake up before them and turn them off. Feel kind of Sheldon-like there 🙂 However, I am the happiest person in the world when the others (friends, family, dogs, whoever) wake up early with me!
9. I was incredibly anemic for my entire life. As I got older, the anemia started to affect my every day life, couldn’t walk , stay focused, constant headaches, depression, almost every symptom there is. I’ve tried every medicine there is, but as I am intolerant to iron supplements, well, it didn’t do any good. Eventually, I started practicing nutrition and cured myself with food!
10. I guess I write a lot as well. But it’s not that personal, as you can clearly read it through this post 🙂
Now, for the fun part: 10 awesome blogs, I know you’ll love as much as I do:
2. Gardening vix
3. Baker italia
4.Kale and butter
5.Olive to run
6.Masterness of big Z
7. Multifarious meanderings
10. Butterfly Mind
Check out every blog on this list! They are all unique and inspiring, completely deserving the award they are nominated for!
Again, thanks for the nomination and motivation to Rachael Charmley !
Have a great day, everyone!